Established in 1898 as a stop for the stagecoaches between Cody, Wy and Yellowstone National Park by Tex Holm who is credited with the first guided and extended camping trips into Yellowstone National Park. The original stage barn for housing the teams of horses still stands today at the ranch. The original lodge building burned in 1914 and Holm Lodge was bought and rebuilt by Mary Shawver and Billy Howell who is buried on Howell Mtn south of the ranch.
In 1972 Holm Lodge became Crossed Sabres Ranch, named for the livestock brand, and in 2004 the second lodge building burned and has been replaced by a large two story log lodge. The lodge, cabins, corrals and grounds have been remodeled and upgraded with the new ownership and management starting in October 2007.
Cody Chamber of Commerce
East Yellowstone Chamber of Commerce
Wyoming Lodging and Restaurant Association